This April, a month that celebrates financial literacy, is also a difficult time for educators, parents, and students, who are dealing with the impact of COVID-19. We’re dedicated to creating a network that can improve the financial wellness of all Americans, and we’re excited to provide critical online education to young people through Envestnet Institute In Classrooms, available immediately.
Through a strategic partnership with EVERFI, Inc., a global social impact education innovator, Envestnet Institute In Classrooms primarily focuses on in-classroom learning experiences, but in response to the current environment, we’re delivering direct access to digital courses for K-12 students nationwide at no cost.
Over 20 courses are available in EVERFI’s K-12 Family Portal, with a curriculum that features curated, quality educational content across the spectrum of life’s most important topics:
- Financial education
- Mental wellness
- Social emotional learning
- College and career readiness
- Early literacy
- Prescription drug safety
- And more!
We recommend starting with the two Envestnet-sponsored courses, Vault and Marketplaces, both of which can help support students’ emotional wellbeing during what can be a tumultuous and anxiety-inducing time:
- Marketplaces: High school students can learn to understand global markets, diversify investment portfolios, and respond to real-world financial challenges.
- Vault: Elementary students can immerse themselves in real-life financial scenarios focused on building skills and making responsible decisions.
Access to EVERFI courses will be open for a limited time in response to the extended shutdown of our nation’s schools and to help provide access to vital learning experiences at home. We encourage you to share this resource with both clients and prospects, deepening your relationships and demonstrating that your care and guidance extends across generations.
We plan to ensure that Marketplaces and Vault remain available to you even after the current offer expires, so that you can continue to provide these learning experiences to your clients and communities.
Getting started is easy. You and your clients can:
- Visit the EVERFI Family Portal.
- Select your state.
- Select your child’s school name.
- Receive the full catalog of age-appropriate courses for your child.
- Select a course and help your child start learning.
If you have difficulty accessing the courses, please visit support.everfi.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Envestnet Institute In Classrooms
Launched in 2019, Envestnet Institute In Classrooms gives schools in underserved communities free access to digital coursework designed to help students develop healthy financial behaviors and decision-making skills. The initiative currently focuses on 20 K-12 schools in Chicago, Philadelphia, Richmond, and Seattle, impacting nearly 600 students.
This is a natural expansion of our Envestnet Institute resources, focused on enabling financial wellness and improving financial literacy, while driving the growth of the financial advisory industry:
- Envestnet Institute: Curated educational content to accelerate an advisor’s practice in an evolving industry.
- On Campus: An educational program geared toward students seeking a career in wealth management.
- In Classrooms: Digital coursework for elementary and high school students designed to empower the next generation of smart consumers.
We hope to continue to find ways to serve individuals of all ages, promoting financial literacy and helping to build the foundation and roadmap that can enable all Americans to achieve financial wellness.
The information, analysis and opinions expressed herein are for informational purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views of Envestnet. These views reflect the judgment of the author as of the date of writing and are subject to change at any time without notice. Nothing contained in this piece is intended to constitute legal, tax, accounting, securities, or investment advice, nor an opinion regarding the appropriateness of any investment, nor a solicitation of any type.